Baptism
So, I haven't really mentioned it previously, but I am Christian. And in my church, when one gets to be around 16-19 years old, if they feel they are ready to make a commitment to serve God their whole life, the get baptized. I feel like I am ready to make that commitment, so tomorrow (June 8th) I'm getting baptized. Honestly, I had a lot of doubts going into it. Originally I felt I wasn't ready, and I wanted to wait until next summer to do it. But then my pastor said, that if you feel that you aren't completely ready this year, how do you know you will be ready next year? This got me thinking that I didn't know, so I decided to get baptized. This is a really big step for me, in my personal life. When I get baptized, I am making a promise to God to serve him my whole life, and I am making a public statement, telling others about my decision. This means that whatever bad stuff, whatever sins I committed before, I will no longer do, because I have given my life to serve God. This wasn't an easy decision, to be honest. I had a lot of things holding me back. Different things that I did, that I could no longer do after baptism. But I believe that if I serve God, and give my life to him, I will receive eternal life with him, in heaven. Instead of burning in hell, for doing all the "fun" stuff. I will give a follow up afterward :)If you would like to learn more about baptism, and what it means to Christians visit the link bellow.
http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/f/whatisbaptism.htm
-Vitaliy






0 comments:
Post a Comment