So this last week, I was a counselor at my church's annual kid's camp. I had a blast and it was a really good experience. The counselors came 2 days early to prepare the campground for the arrival of the kids. We literally spend like 10% of the time actually preparing though. The rest of the time we just hung out at the lake, barbequed, and did a bunch of dumb stuff while the kids were gone.
The kids arrived Sunday night. I was the counselor with my best friend for the smallest boys cabin. I was both scared and excited at the same time, because dealing with little kids is pretty difficult. Boy was I in for a surprise. My kids turned out to be amazing. They were all really well behaved and really easy to work with. Also there were a lot of cute female counselors so that was a blast as well. One truly amazing thing was being able to teach these kids about God, and what he did for them. I had to leave 2 days early because I had work, which was a bust. But I'm not too mad, because at least I had a chance to attend the majority of camp.






0 comments:
Post a Comment