Well, I had my first real awakening in college so far. Midterms. Not so much midterms as the score I received on my Calculus midterm. Taking the test I felt pretty weird about the whole thing. I skipped 2 questions because I didn't know how to do them. I ended up getting a 53 out of 102 points on the midterm. Yeah... not my proudest moment in life. When I told my mom she basically went pretty crazy saying she wasnt paying 15 thousand a year for me to fail my classes and such. Honestly before I didnt stress so much in college. I would have movie nights with friends all the time, would always go hang out with people, and as long as I knew the basic idea of what was going on I thought i was fine. Well.... I wasnt..
Now I dug myself into a pretty big hole I would say. The midterm was worth 20% of my grade, so basically if I want to get an A- in the class I have to get 98-100% on the other three midterms and the final. If I want to get a B or a C i still have to average at least a B or a B+ on every test from now on. This is definitely doable for me, as I have the capability, I just lack the structure, organization, and discipline.
I hope I can pull off a B in this class, because the engineering program at UC Davis is really tough, and I need to keep my GPA afloat, meaning no C's. At least not in any lower division classes.






0 comments:
Post a Comment